If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that this Christmas I am running a beauty advent calendar on my story with lots of tips and tricks! Here I will be rounding them up into categories for you to look back on or just incase you missed out
So our first round up is skincare – something I am really passionate about. I see a lot of women spending out on make up products and wondering why they aren’t looking flawless. The better your skin the better your make up will sit on top of it – simple!
1) STAY AWAY FROM WIPES
– The chemicals in wipes are designed to quickly disintegrate make up and those chemicals are left on your skin therefore eating away until you next wash your face.
– They contain alcohol which can dry out your skin.
– All in all they do not effectively clean your face!
2) ALTERNATIVE TO WIPES = MICELLAR WATER
– If you find it hard to break away from the ease of wipes try Micellar Water.
– The micellar molecules act as a magnet picking up dirt and oil from the skin.
– Micellar Water is mild, non irritating and safe even on the most sensitive of skin.
Garnier Micellar Water is a great budget Micellar Water which you can pick up almost anywhere!
Bioderma the original Micellar Water and still the reining champion!
3) DOUBLE CLEANSING
– If you are able to spend a little more time on your skincare it will go along way! Let me introduce double cleansing.
– Your first cleanse should remove your make up and the second clean your skin.
– The first cleanse should be an oil, balm or clay. Something that will break down the make up and oils on your skin.
– The second should be a gel or lotion that is best for your skin type.
MAC Cleanse off oil has been a favourite of mine for many years!
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil another great cleansing oil infused with goodness!
Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser perfect 2nd cleanse for anyone with oily or acne prone skin.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser best 2nd cleanse for anyone super dry or sensitive.
Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish great all rounder for normal or combination skin.
– Acids dissolve the ‘glue’ that holds skin cells together allowing them to detach. Once the upper, most damaged layer is removed your skin will look brighter, smoother and more even. Pores are unclogged, dark spots are reduced & wrinkles appear smaller!
– SALICYLIC ACID: If you count acne, blackheads and large pores amount your skin concerns, add salicylic acid to your routine. Because of its large molecular size stays on the surface of the skin longer giving it fantastic pore cleaning abilities.
– GYCOLIC ACID: The holy grail for exfoliation! Being the smallest molecule it penetrates deeper and effectively removes the outermost layer of the dead cells from your skin, revealing brighter, fresher skin. Gycolic assisting with boosting collagen production which is brilliant for plumping up the skin and reducing fine lines.
– LACTIC ACID: Has the same great benefits of Gycolic Acid but it is much more comfortable for dry skin or someone seeking its extra softening benefits. It can be successful for sensitive skin whereas the previous acids can cause slight irritation.
– All acids are completely safe (unlike how they sound) however you may feel a slight tingling sensation when you introduce them into your skincare.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% a great serum to use on problem areas after cleansing.
Cult product, Pixi Glow Tonic enriched with 5% glycolic acid, just apply a few drops to a cotton wool pad, and sweep all over skin after cleansing (morning and evening)
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + Hyaluronic Acid 2% team with the later makes it super moisturising!
Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme a great all rounder including all 3 acids for super skin!
4) SERUMS, MOISTURISERS, OILS?!
– Serums are the thinest and should be applied first. Then moisturiser. Then oil.
– Serums should target your skin concern shout it be ageing, acne, dehydration or dullness. If you have no skin concern you probably do not need a serum
– Moisturiser not only boosts hydration but being a bigger molecule it creates a protective layer of moisture that lasts all day.
– Look out for ingredients like Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides & Glycerin.
– Oils are super nourishing for dry and ageing skin. Unless you are super dry I would use these at night only.
– Let your moisturiser / oils fully sink in before applying make up as this will dilute your make up products.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser a great moisturiser for all skin types!
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate I love this as a combo with their moisturiser at night.
Embryolisse Lait-creme Concentre a make up artist favourite moisturiser for dry skin under make up.
Oily skin needs moisture too! Try this Neutrogena Moisturiser.
I hope this has been helpful for anyone looking to update their skincare or prep their skin for their wedding or big event! Remember to share with your friends!